Thursday, April 24, 2008

Women Who Play Video Games (and other blatant lies)

This post is inspired by one of my favorite and most recently-discovered blogs, "Not Hating, Just Saying." Every day, they hate on a new thing in hilarious ways, and a recent post was about chicks who claim that they play video games. An excerpt:
"I'm not hating on girls who say they play video games, but no, you don't. Wait! I'm being totally unfair to you guys!!! I'm forgetting the half-hour that you played of Sonic the Hedgehog when you were nine! Remember that game? It was the one with the rings. You enjoyed it, because you got to collect rings! Yay!!! But then you quit because you couldn't figure out how work up enough spin to break through that wall. Remember? I know, it was really tough, I know."
Now, this post doesn't apply to me because I play and enjoy video games, and could even kick your ass in a few (Guitar Hero). But it does make me wonder when I overhear girls saying things that are blatantly untrue, always around a group of guys, that they think make them sound REALLY cool and 'different.' It's always a delicious treat when they're given the opportunity to display the talent they boasted about only to be revealed as a dirty liar. Some examples:
  • I can drink you under the table! No seriously, I can totally handle my liquor.
  • Omg I LOVE basketball/football/baseball/wrestling!! ESPN.com is my homepage. I have it on the 90-second reload.
  • Other girls hate me. I don't know why...
  • I'm not into drama.
  • I never gossip!
  • I don't care what people think about me/what I look like. I totally just grabbed these clothes from a heap on the floor and threw them on!

A male version is on the way. My favorite? "Seriously, I won't even try anything."





*(You're all wonderful. This post is all in good fun.)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

for the guys version:
*You know when guys say am one of the good guys (bunch of bull)
*or when they brag about how good of lover they are (to find out is just a waste)
*Of course most guys think they are well endowed, but seriously we know that is a lie
*Oh when they say they hate being on the phone but keep calling you relentlessly
*or when they say no girl can make do this, or do that, but be the ones to be fast whipped
---i have more, will come back with more

Likeabite said...

lol, both u and Ej's are true and I concur that you are good in video games and you have kicked my ass before...however they are certain games I think i would cry if you ever beat me in, like ANY basketball game, A football game or a shooting game, u know lol....P.S. Wii games are designed just so girls can kick our ass as well if they are good enough lol

getlowe said...

Wii games are for girls? I will admit, I do enjoy some Cooking Mama and Sims, but I can kick your ass in Mortal Kombat and some Super Smash if you like... ;)

Likeabite said...

ahaha...well i haven't played either on the Wii but like i said it's designed so u are able to beat me...mortal combat on any system and it wouldn't happen...give me a 3days on the Wii and it wouldnt happen either lol

Unknown said...

My favorite: "I'm not like other guys, I'm not trying to get into your pants." Meanwhile he's staring at my chest the entire time he's talking. Like seriously?!

2nd favorite: "I like women who have themselves together becasue I have myself together." In the next breath he's asking for gas money.

M. said...

Hmmm...I wasn't really prepared for this one but the biggest lie is I love you...since then EVERYTHING they say to me is a lie...the Bastards...

Unknown said...

Jesus. It looks like you tapped into a market here, V.

The DAT said...

if i wanted whine i'd go to the liquor store.

getlowe said...

And if I wanted your opinion, I'd actually read your blog ;)

Anonymous said...

What about when she says (about another girl) "OMG I love her shoes/dress/pants/shirt/hair/outfit/nails/etc." While simultaneously thinking/saying/imagining/ that she is a bitch.