Monday, May 5, 2008

The Indian Ones

"Hello, medem. This is Patrick 'O Brien. Are you heppy veeth your Dell?"

I'm going to follow up on a comment that was left by a friend of mine on the last post. Here's part of it:

"I am SO with you on the female customer service representatives. I HATE them. Especially when I call Dell and get the Indian ones (no offense!). But seriously, there are times that I do hang up and wait until I get a man."

No offense taken. You know what irks me the most about those Indian ones, though? It's not their accent or the fact that they call you after you've hung up with them to make sure everything is still okay with your computer. "Haylo medem, thees iss Jon frrrrom Dell. Jast vonted to make sho ebrything was tip top veeth your machine."

It's like, dude, I know your name isn't Jon. It's Ramlallpati Singh. It's Jaswinder Abishek Patel. It's okay, man, don't be ashamed. I'll call you Ram. But I know your name isn't Peter, son. I just feel kind of insulted when you introduce yourself as Kevin.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hahhaha, I know i dont usually comment but I had to do it on this one. you know I always wonder the same thing, when they come of the phone give me a westernized name, I wanted to ask did you get to pick it out of a hat? because am sure you parent did not name you that, and if so why John or Kevin?. ok back to studying

The DAT said...

you're a racist. shame shame shame.

Unknown said...

LLOL!!!!! This is a good one, Vicky.

Anonymous said...

Being in the I.T. field, I can so relate. If we ever have a server issue and call Dell, it's usually "Thank you fur carling Derll in Texush, this is Bub." I mean yeah fuqing right Bob, and where did you say you were? Texas? Rigggghtttt...

José said...

outsourcing. shit. it's that bane.