Thursday, July 31, 2008

Stop Fronting!

At the risk of pulling a Dmitry by posting video after video with no text for weeks at a time in order to assuage my guilt for not blogging, I have a question about this one. Why do marketing agencies insist on trying to make people believe that dorm rooms look like hotels in heaven? Students have likely visited campuses, children don't care about college, and grown-ups have been to college and know what real dorm rooms look like, so who exactly are they trying to fool?



Maybe I'm wrong and roommates burst out into spontaneous-but-choreographed dance sequences upon meeting, and proceed to decorate their spaces sans school-commissioned furniture. In which case you screwed me, Colgate. You screwed me.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Confession time: I do love the commercial but mostly because of the song because God knows my college room didn't look anything like that and I could barely stand my roommate (j/k; I loved her, she was like family hahaha) let alone break into a dance with her. But you know what, maybe in college rooming heaven this commercial is possible. But since I wasn't in college rooming heaven, thank you Target for telling me what I missed out on and what a crappy four years I had living in reality.

The DAT said...

UNBELIEVABLE, what a back-handed attack! for your information, I don't post videos without text THAT often.

I don't know what you're talking about with this ad. I think it's totally on point. I used to dance like this with my freshman roommate Jeff all the time. The only difference was the music which was Cascada's "Everytime We Touch."

And you just wait a year into your blogging life. It gets hard!!

getlowe said...

If that's the song I think it is, you're HILARIOUS.

M. said...

This coming from the girl who shared a room with two people during her entire 4 years of college and we are both commenting on this blog...lol...so ironic...

PS. I think you need to do another blog about the stupid letters I have to decipher everytime I want to post something. This thing has the nerve to tell me to "enter the letters as they are show in the image" like my keyboard has letters that look like they're on crack...

The DAT said...

http://nycmasala.blogspot.com/2008/04/something
-that-annoys-me.html

getlowe said...

lol...thanks DAT ;)