Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Weekly Weigh-In



I recently got my hands on a Viewmaster. Remember those? It was like your own little private show filled with splashes of technicolor and funny little cartoon characters from the old days. (I just turned 24 and I'm having a mid-twenties crisis.) It got me thinking about all the cool stuff from my childhood, like snap bracelets, Rainbow Brite, the Saturday morning TV lineup (California Raisins), Tamagotchis, and how all the cool kids in elementary school used to bring in Now&Laters and the more colors you had, the cooler you were. If you had the flavor that just came out, you were basically King of the World.






















What's your favorite thing from your childhood, or the thing you get most nostalgic about? A TV show, movie (Land Before Time, anyone?), food, candy, toy...give it to me.

6 comments:

Tigriss said...

Oh's, Thundercats, pogs, LA Lights and nap time/recess.

The DAT said...

Back to the Future I and II, TGIF lineup, Sega Genesis

Mizell said...

snap bracelets were cool. TGIF and SNICK are close to the top of my list.
And "feelin it" by Jay-Z.

getlowe said...

SNICK!! I forgot all about that. That was when sitting on your couch and watching television for 2 hours was the cool thing to do on a Saturday night. "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" was the jump off.

M. said...

What about Dennis the Menace (the cartoon) and Woody Woodpecker? And am I the only one that misses the Cartoon Network that was actually for kids? I used to stay up until 3 and 4 am to watch the Roman Holidays and Wait 'til your Father gets Home (throbacks from the 70's I think) and don't even get me started about Bugs and Daffy. I find it sad that kids these days are subjected to bullshit cartoons like...I can't even think of any of them! Oh, and Beast Wars...does anyone remember that?

Likeabite said...

Lol omg we were just having a discussion on this the other day. All the cartoons! Thundercats, TGIF, Snick, Darkwing Duck, Duck Tales, Talespin, Goof Troop, Gummi Bears...i can go on and on!!!