Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I'm So Ready.



Apparently lots of people are saying that Heath Ledger could win an Oscar for his portrayal of the Joker in Dark Knight. Director Kevin Smith recently saw the movie, and here's what he had to say, courtesy of his blog:

"Courtesy of Peter Sciretta over at SlashFilm.com, I caught an early screening of "The Dark Knight" yesterday evening. Without giving anything away, this is an epic film (and trust me: based on the sheer size and scope of the visuals and storytelling, that's not an overstatement). It's the "Godfather II" of comic book films and three times more earnest than "Batman Begins" (and fuck, was that an earnest film). Easily the most adult comic book film ever made. Heath Ledger didn't so much give a performance as he disappeared completely into the role; I know I'm not the first to suggest this, but he'll likely get at least an Oscar nod (if not the win) for Best Supporting Actor. Fucking flick's nearly three hours long and only leaves you wanting more (in a great way). I can't imagine anyone being disappointed by it. Nolan and crew have created something close to a masterpiece."

He dissolves into the role? It's the Godfather II of comic book movies? Hmm...I'm excited.

2 comments:

M. said...

I'm actually a little sad about this film. I really want to see it (Batman Begins was the 'ish), but I don't think I'll be able to do it without shedding a tear or two, knowing that my boo Heath is no longer with us.

getlowe said...

That's pretty much exactly how I feel. Especially if Batman does something mean to him and dies while falling into a pit of hot lava or something. Sad times.

I'll be away when it comes out so don't tell me ANYTHING!