Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Weekly Weigh-In

So I've been away for a while and I need to get back into the blogging habit. I'll start with a weigh-in. Among the most irksome of my texting pet peeves are the following:

*When you text someone to tell them know you're on your way or you'll call them later or something like that, and they reply with, "k." I hate one-word text messages to begin with, but one-letter ones are abominable.

*When people use numbers to abbreviate words, i.e. l8er, gr8, 2morrow, etc.

*Text message forwards ("Send this to all your friends in the next 5 minutes or you'll be ugly and loveless forever!!)

*When people text when they should be calling, resulting in 20 unnecessary messages back & forth, or call at inconvenient times when they could just text.

Do you agree or disagree with any of these? Any others you would add?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The one word reply ones I'm guilty of, hahahaha. I always feel like it's rude not to respond to the other person.

The numbers infused with letters bit is truly annoying, with the exception of 2morrow. hahaha

Calling instead of texting or texting instead of calling REALLY grinds my gears.

Another one that really gets on my nerves is the txting of pictures depicting uber nasty things. Classic example is Olive Oyl in a three way with Popeye and the other fella; disgusting beyond belief...

M. said...

FYI - the "other fella" is Bruno, Ele...

And my biggest texting pet peeve is when I text someone a simple question, he/she INSISTS on calling me back to have an entire discussion about it, and in the end I STILL don't have my question answered. (and in case you're wondering...I am talking about Tene...lol)