Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Are You ADHD?!


Pharrell "Freddy Sess" Williams has some tattoos that he wants to get rid of. It happens -- you get inked up when you're 17 or 18 and then you grow up and realize you did something dumb. Fair enough. It's HOW he's getting them removed that bothers me. The procedure he prefers involves using new skin to cover the ink. Says Pharrell in the July issue of UK Vogue:
"It's basically like getting a skin graft, but you're not taking skin from your ass or your legs. These guys actually grow the skin for you," he explains. "First you have to give them a sample of your skin, which they then replicate. Once that's been done, they sew it on - and it's seamless."

Umm, what? They grow skin for you? That's DISGUSTING!!! **gag**

A lot of you guys have tattoos. If money wasn't an issue, and knowing that getting your ink lasered off often hurts more than getting the tat itself, would you consider this procedure instead?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

This makes me want to vom. Just saying.

Anonymous said...

Might be gross, but on the bright side, it's definitely indicative of scientific progress.

This procedure can be used to help burn victims for example, and we're one step closer to growing replacement organs. Animal activists would probably prefer if we grew beef in a lab (ppl are working on that) instead of killing animals for it.

As far as tattoos/laser removal are concerned, you're better off using this ink: http://www.freedom2inc.com/bodyart.html

Unknown said...

I think it's a pretty cool advancement. I'm not sure if I'm thinking that because Pharrell's doing it or just in general hahaha (I'm pretty smitten with him).

That is an awesome pic of my boo, by the way :)

PS: I really really hate these word verification things! This is like my third try. Ugh!

getlowe said...

I mean yes, I see the medical benefits of being able to grow skin. That still doesn't suppress my gag reflex while typing those two words out. What would that look like? Slabs of skin just getting larger over the course of TK amount of time? Yikes!!!

Tommy D said...

Yea, that's pretty disgusting, but I would def. do it if I had the money and as many tattoos. But I doubt I would make that mistake.

On second thought...

No, I wouldn't do it.

There's this new product I just saw on one of those cheap advertising channels about some kind of tat bomb that removes tattoos as well. Wonder if it works. lol.

M. said...

Am I the only one disturbed by the fact that people can grow skin in a lab? Ewww...

getlowe said...

I was watching Nip/Tuck on DVD and there's this one episode where this woman's ear gets ripped off, so she goes to them to get it fixed.

She's extremely rich, so they offer to grow her a new ear with her own DNA in a lab. They grew the ear on a SKINLESS rat...so nasty, wrinkly thing is walking around the cage with an effing ear attached to its back to give it cells and shit so it can grow properly (it being the ear). Then when it's ready, they detach the ear from its back and attach it to her head, and the rat dies.

O. M. G.

Unknown said...

Ewwwww @ Vicky's latest comment. That's gross. If I was growing a ear, I would grow it on something cute, like a squirrel, not a hairless rat hahaha