Thursday, June 19, 2008

Liars and Thieves

Something TERRIBLE has happened to me.

This past weekend, I bought a box of Honey Nut Cheerios so that I could bring it to work, leave it on my desk and have some for breakfast every morning. I chose this cereal for two very important reasons.

1. I haven't had it in a while and whenever I buy two of the same cereals in a row, no matter how good it is, I get tired of it and end up throwing away that second box and buying something different. (A case of hurtin' for some strange?)

2. It may be childish, but I've never grown tired of or disenchanted with the wonderful surprise that is the cereal box toy. You buy some cereal for the deliciousness inside, but then one day, you're pouring a bowl (it could be any day because you don't know where in the box the toy actually is) and BOOM! Out comes a fun surprise. In this particular case, it was a BATMAN toy. And umm, I love Batman.


So, I'm just getting into work, settling in, checking my email, etc. I grab my box of Cheerios and head to the kitchen to pour myself a bowl (plastic cup) and come back to my desk to enjoy the Honey Nut goodness. Everything's great.

Towards the end of the day, I go back into the kitchen for a bottle of water and see my box of Cheerios sitting on the counter. No big deal--I'd just forgotten it from earlier that morning. I pick it up to take it back to my desk...and it feels significantly lighter. Notably. Uncharacteristically. Fine, I thought. Someone took some Cheerios, whatever.

I get back to my desk and something occurs to me. I stop in my tracks. I open the box. I shake it up and peer inside...and yes. Just what I suspected. The toy is GONE. I have nothing else to say about this, except that I feel like the Hulk up in this bitch.

6 comments:

Mizell said...

It sounds like "angry email" time.

I would be LIVID, vicky, LIVID.

getlowe said...

Sarcasm?

M. said...

lol...put that one in the next Cosmo...lol

Unknown said...

Let me know if you need to sue somebody :)

Mizell said...

No, seriously, I would be pissed. No sarcasm.

Likeabite said...

lmao lmao...this is a good one...thieves are everywhere...even COSMO!