Thursday, June 5, 2008

Breaking through the BLOCK

Okay, yes, I'm going through my first blog slump. I'm ashamed, but you know what, it happens. Right? I've just been feeling a little uninspired. I don't wanna write about something that happened or occurred to me that you don't really give a damn about. But it's a strange science. Sometimes I blog about some random thing and get an uproar of response, and sometimes I spend a lot of time on a post and don't really get much of anything. Then I feel super lazy for posting a quotation or a video, but sometimes I wanna share those things, too. Such is the dilemma of a blogger, I suppose.

Anyway, here's a list of quirky things about me. Maybe you'll be interested. Maybe you won't.

*I always sleep with one leg sticking out of my blanket. No matter how cold it is, I have to have that one leg airing out. And no matter how hot it is, I have to sleep with a full down comforter.

*I'm very impatient when I order things. I'll track the package about a minimum of five times a day, and then once or twice after I get home from work. If I don't get a tracking number emailed to me, I'll call to ask for one.

*My top lip all but disappears when I smile really hard. It's okay though, I'm not weird about it.

*I curse people out in my head A LOT. Random people on the street who are walking too slow in front of me, people who don't get their wallets or Metrocards out until ALL their shit is rung up or they're standing right at the turnstile, old people, etc.

*I have the weirdest, most random, craziest dreams you could ever imagine. Did you ever watch "Aaahh!!! Real Monsters" on Nickelodeon? They had a machine that you could connect to your brain, kinda like a projector, and it would replay all the scares they did throughout the day so all the other monsters could discuss. I'm gonna work on developing one of those so that I can show people my dreams, because until you see them for yourselves, you'll never understand.


*I love carrot juice. Ever tried it? Delish.

*I sometimes speak in plurals. If you don't know what I mean, you may not spend enough time with me.

*I wish I knew more Guyanese and Indian people that are like me. (Not FOBS.)

Tell me some cool stuff about you that I probably don't know.

7 comments:

The DAT said...

haha awesome post. back on track! and i feel you about spending a ton of time on a post and getting nothing.

i freestyle in my car all the time. and i will never show anybody that so don't ask.

Unknown said...

Ok so here goes...

I can never take a cold shower, it doesn't matter how hot it is.

I always carry chap stick and a back up chap stick with me.

I wash my hands obsessively; especially when I'm cooking.

I am cold most of the time.

Mizell said...

back up chapstick, huh?

M. said...

This is freakin hilarious cause I already knew half the stuff you said...lol

Hmmm..now lets see what's weird about me:

I have the crushes on Bruce Willis, Woody Harrelson, and Jeff Goldblum (yes, the guy in The Fly)...

There are people that I've known for YEARS and I NEVER say their name. I also find it a little weird when I hear people say my name...

I'm uncomfortable when people kiss in front of me...

I've gone years without crying...

I don't know what FOB means (enlighten me, Vick)...

M. said...

One more thing...

I usually don't look at photos if I'm not in them or if I didn't take them...

getlowe said...

FOB = Fresh Off the Boat; also know as a JJC = Johnny Jus' Come; an obvious immigrant

Likeabite said...

the first and second my sis relates to but you know most things about me